Sunday, February 14, 2010

Calling all Prayer Warriors

Still here, and I apologize for being a bit sporadic with my blog posts. I still can claim lack of energy, right?

This week is my final week of treatment - only five more treatments - I am so excited for Friday to get here! However, my treatments are now a source of anxiety for me, as my pain continues to increase. But the biggest source of fear for me is the claustrophobia of being trapped in the mask, unable to move, with a slightly compromised airway.

If you are able and available, I would appreciate your prayers this week from 4:00 PM to 4:15 PM EST. This is when I am actually in treatment, and when my anxiety is at its highest. I am usually on the brink of panic during this time - it is hard for me to describe since I've never struggled with anxiety before. My doctor and nurses have been extremely understanding. They now allow Jason to go back into the treatment room with me until they start radiation, and then he goes to the patient waiting room (as opposed to the lobby, where all the other family members must wait) and prays for me the whole time. I am sure he would love all you prayer warriors out there to join him. I know I would appreciate it too!

Jason's mom left yesterday. Brady had so much fun with Granny - we are so thankful for help and her willingness to put her own life on hold to take care of us! My mom arrived just as she left, and Jason only had to make one trip to the airport to complete the "Mom Swap" - God sure worked out those details!

Thanks again for praying for us. We have consistently felt love and support from all of you, and we are so thankful.

Love,
Angie (for the Hubbies)

10 comments:

Kathy said...

I will pray Angie!!! I love you!

The Essons said...

I'll pray Angie -You're ALMOST done!!!!!!

MPH said...

You can count on me from 4:00-4:15 every day this week. Love you, BFF.

~MPH

Melissa said...

I will be praying, too...that's right when I have to feed Austin....good time to pray. Love you angie....

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you! Please Be still and know that He IS GOD!

- Steven Manning

Anonymous said...

Angie we have a friend who went thru radiation like yours and said the same thing... the claustrophobia was a HUGE problem for him. I can't imagine. Yes, I will pray for you... and I'm SO GLAD you're almost D-O-N-E!!! ~~Linda Wilson

Susie said...

Angie I will pray for you every day this week - that's right at lunch time so it will be a good reminder for me.

Charity said...

Definitely praying!!

Cass said...

Oh Ange - I can only imagine that those 15 minutes are indeed so difficult. Thanks for telling us this ... and YOU KNOW we'll all be thinking of you then!

Roxanna said...

Hi Angie. I'm sorry this is scary. I remember seeing those masks during my radiation. I often prayed for those people that had to use them. I will gladly pray for you. You're a brave woman. Friday is almost here! Praise God!