A lot of things have happened since last week, and I apologize for not updating sooner. I now have my feeding tube and am no longer starving. However, I am still not where I need to be with calories. I am supposed to be at five cans of Ensure per day and I am lucky to hit two cans. With my touchy stomach and all of the pain meds I am on, I am very careful not to have too much lest I end up getting sick! I am adding a bit more every day, so I'll get there.
I am still struggling with pain, but not nearly as bad since I have the goooooood drugs now! I still have the mouth sores, but at this point the pain that I have is from my mouth, tongue, face, etc which are all burned from the radiation. I am on a pain patch now (I think it is called fentanyl?) and I also have liquid morphine for any break through pain. So far, the patch has worked great. Today was the first day I wore the pain patch, and I only needed three extra shots of morphine to make it through the day. This is down from taking morphine every two hours all day long, and counting down the time in between. I am very thankful for the patch and my doctor who was willing to try different things with me until something worked. At this point, if my pain gets worse, they can increase the dosage for me. I am really hoping this is the last pain prescription I will need!
By the way, I only have TWELVE radiation treatments left! I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Unfortunately, my side effects will last for long after my treatment is over. I will probably need the feeding tube for a few months, as well as pain meds. But that is OKAY! I'll be on the road to recovery!
Linda left on Saturday and Jason's mom, Alice, is here this week and next. Brady LOVES having so many different people to play with. He is becoming quite the ham and loves an audience. He seems to learn something new each day and is really into books lately. He brightens up the world for me!
Throughout all this, the Lord has been so good to us, and has provided for us and cared for us better than we could ever imagine. We are so blessed, and all our praise goes to HIM. (I know I say that a lot, and I really mean it)
Love,
Angie (for the Hubbies)
Auntie Linda and Brady having a cozy morning :)
5 comments:
Is Brady trying to pop a zit? or just poking himself? :-)
I am glad things are looking up from last week. Praying and thinking of you often.
So glad you are getting some nutrition as well as some relief from the pain. You amaze me! Seeing God work in your life is a blessing and I am thankful for you. Even more thankful for your willingness to lean on Him through all of this.
Thanks for the update, Angie. Wow, you have such a great attitude, I'm very impressed! Praise the Lord for His strength for you each day!
I'm so proud of you Ange -hang in there sweetie! You are almost finished!!!!!
you are incredible. keep the posts coming. i think of you and pray for you every day.
Post a Comment