Ok, so maybe I lied about how often I will update. We'll see. I posted on Facebook that day 3 passed by in a blur of nausea and nausea meds...in other words, when I wasn't sleeping as a result of the meds, then I was puking and needing the meds. But as of tonight...drum roll please...I am doing pretty well and even managed to eat for the first time since Monday. (8 pounds gone already, but who's counting...hahaha!)
My doctor decided to put in a port for chemo and blood draws and I will have that done next week. I have tiny veins that hide away, so yesterday they poked me for about an hour before they found anything. Today was a little better, but not much. Basically anytime they want to draw blood or administer hydration or chemo, it's torture time for me because my veins disappear. The port insertion is a same day surgery and will be much easier on everyone involved. Please pray that my white blood counts will be high enough so that my body can handle the surgery.
Brady spent Mon, Tues, and Wed at Grandma Lola's house (a family friend). But this morning he was home with me for a few hours. I managed to feed him breakfast and change his diaper and get in some snuggle time (he was being so sweet!) before my friend Stacy and her two kids came over for the day. Back to bed I went until it was time for my hydration appointment again. I slept through most of that, too. Also slept through my radiation appointment. And yet I am still so exhausted and weak.
We came home to many treats in the mail (yay cancer mail!), a clean house, folded laundry, and a happy baby (thank you Stacy, Samuel, and Rebecca!). Overall I would say this has been the best day yet, so I'm hoping we are on the upswing. I can't even describe how I felt those first couple days. UGH. I don't ever want to feel that way again. I will take the exhaustion over the nausea ANY DAY.
We also have full-time help coming in next week, my friend Ellen Volgarino is flying in for a week from Dubuque. She has been a huge encouragement to me, as she is a cancer survivor herself and knows what I am going through. I can't wait to see her...and we can really use her!
Tomorrow is an easy day as I only have radiation, no chemo appointments. Looking forward to sleep and more sleep (I feel like I can't get enough).
Thanks for reading this, thanks for your prayers and encouragement...and now, even though it is only 8 PM, I am going to bed!
Love,
Ange
10 comments:
love you Angie! praying daily!
My mom had a port for her chemo, too. It was much easier. Praying for you!
Am praying for you daily that He will give you the strength you need. The nausea stinks, and I am praying the doctors will have wisdom for the next time so you don't have to go thru this every time...You are loved and prayed for and hope you sense it.
White cells! White cells! Let's go white cells!!!!!
oh, Gigi! We are praying for you. Glad to hear you are doing better than the last few days. Love you tons! ~Rachel and kiddos
Glad the fog is lifting and that you are gaining more strength. I'm really glad to hear that you are getting the port even though surgery probably doesn't sound great. Don would tell you that inserting the port is a piece of cake and it's SO nice to have it for blood draws and infusions. I wanted to ask you the other day if you were getting one. It's the way to go!! You'll see. Promise!
We'll continue to pray like crazy for your strength and continued positive outlook. Cancer Schmancer!
Hey Ange -Glad you are feeling a bit on the up right now -I am praying non stop and am SO glad that Ellen will be there with you for a week. You two will have a GREAT time! Hope you can get some good rest and have lots of laughs with Ellen!
LOVE YOU!
We're praying for you like crazy! I know the Lord will sustain you and the family through this. Watch how He glorifies Himself though all you're going through!
Mark and Laura
I'm so glad you are getting so much help and Ellen is coming from Dubuque! :)
I sure hope you have more good days like that one! Love guys and praying! Maybe we'll send ya some linda's book nook cancer mail :)
Oh Ang, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But am so encouraged by your trust in the Lord, and I'm so thankful for His ever-presence in the midst of your yucky days! Love you, friend... praying.
Post a Comment