Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is it Wednesday yet?

I am stuck here one more day...hopefully just one more day! My blood pressure has been much lower - to quote the nurse, "Your blood pressure is better than mine!" The reason for staying one more day is to finish off a 24 hour test (I will spare you the details) and also to get stuck with a needle full of 'roids (call me Barry Bonds) tonight around 10:30. They also will keep checking my blood pressure. The doctor that stopped by today said it was likely I would be sent home tomorrow afternoon. Brady is doing great, we had an ultrasound this morning to check on him and I've been listening to his little heartbeat all day. The downside is that it's likely I'll be on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. We will find out more details about that tomorrow.

So, as long as my bp stays low it looks like I'll get outta here tomorrow! We would appreciate prayers for the bp and also that I am NOT restricted to bedrest. I would also appreciate prayer for a good night's sleep, as I didn't sleep well last night.

Jason has been a trooper...he's kept me supplied with Doritos, Oreos, Starbucks, (yep, no dietary restrictions for me!) movies, anything I might want...the sky is the limit. He's done everything but paint my toenails. He does get to escape me during the day by heading to work since he wouldn't be missing anything here! It's SNORESVILLE keeping your blood pressure down...I am bored!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Ange, you make me want to be in Ohio just so I can paint your toes! I'm praying for you...hang in there. Remember, bed rest would mean every single season of Friends. You might just make it through all of them before Brady is born.

And above all, keep reminding everyone..."no uterus, no opinion."

Don & Jen Slagle said...

Can we reach you on your cell phone? I'd be glad to give you a call and help pass the time.

The Essons said...

Love you Ange -we're praying for you and thinking about you. Hang in there sweetie!