Well after my doctor's appointment today, I ended up being admitted to the hospital overnight because of my high blood pressure. The doctor is concerned that we went from having a big baby at the 90th percentile (remember Brady the Monster?) to a little baby at the 40th percentile (now we have Brady the Peanut). He thinks my blood pressure is affecting the baby's growth and wants me monitored for 24 hours. Since we didn't get here and all settled in until 7 PM, I may end up staying until Wednesday morning. They are checking my bp every 1/2 hour and tomorrow we will get back the results of my labs which will tell them how to proceed. I am also receiving a steroid to encourage the growth of Brady's lungs in case we have to deliver early.
Praise - my blood pressure has steadily gone down since we arrived! Also, Jason's back is doing much better after a trip to the chiropractor today. And a big huge praise for wireless internet at the hospital.
So...we are not panicking at this point. The Doctor feels that everything will be fine; if anything, we will deliver around 36 weeks instead of going full term. We'd appreciate your prayers that the Lord would protect little Brady the peanut and he would continue to grow and thrive! :)
P.S. On a lighter note, we have decided to relieve Brady of our expectations that he either be a linebacker or a baseball player...we've now decided he will probably end up being a jockey and may someday win horse-racing's triple crown... :)
P.P.S. I really wish one of my girlfriends would come and paint my toenails...they look just awful...
6 comments:
I would totally paint your toes if I was there.... but I don't think that my family would let me leave:) Glad to hear that you are doing okay. Try and get some sleep if you can (although it is hard when they monitor you all night long) keep us updated
Thank goodness for wireless internet and blog updates! I'm so sorry that you have to spend time in the hospital but I'm glad they are watching you closely. Keep us posted and we'll be praying for you.
Isn't toenail painting a husband requirement at this stage??
Thanks so much for your email ...
... thinking of you here. Hoping you get a really good night's sleep and your nerves and imagination stay calm for yours and Brady's sake. Sounds like you're in good hands and your Doctor is acting on behalf of your health and the baby's. Keep the faith. Know you are loved and prayed for tonight and as long as we have to wait for Brady's happy arrival.
Hey Ange -Matt and I were praying for you, Jason and little Brady last night. We love you guys so much and are glad that you are being taken care of. We'll look forward to another update.
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital! I will be praying for you and little baby Brady! Remember the Lord is watching over both of you! Please keep us updated when you can!
Yay for the chiropractor! Praying for baby Brady and his parents!
Post a Comment