Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Update #9

First off, I owe you all a few pictures from my trip to Dubuque. Now, I warned you that I would forget to take pictures, so don't be too disappointed. But I did manage to take a few. I hope I'm not making Jason jealous, but have you ever seen two more handsome men?
Garrett
Elias (sorry, Ben - not referring to you with the handsome comment!) :)
It was so good to be back in Dubuque. I had a bit of trouble getting there and ended up on a bus from Chicago to Dubuque as all the planes were canceled due to fog. That was a long day - but I just buddied up with a couple who reminded me of my mom and dad and stuck to them like glue. They took good care of me. I also proved that you can survive on a diet of Starbucks and Cinnabon. We managed to get there even though it took me over 12 hours. I did get to spend time with the girls. Many people asked me where Jason was and were disappointed to find that I had left him behind. I think I can abandon the idea that I am the popular one in this relationship! I also did manage to squeeze in my work in addition to all the fun - this is good, it may allow me another visit in the near future! I stayed with our friends Ken and Jan (Ken is also my boss) and felt like one of their kids sleeping in a twin bed and helping myself to Ken's chair in front of the TV. Their place feels like home to me and I miss it!

It was so good to get back to Jason - this was our longest time away from each other and we both felt it. Ohio is starting to feel like home and this was confirmed at my Dubuque visit - my home is here with my husband. Now things are back to normal - we spent another weekend relaxing and catching up on laundry and cleaning. Jason has had his fill of football (in my opinion) and now the week starts up again tomorrow. We visited a good church today and were invited to lunch at someone's home. Imagine our surprise when we didn't get back until after 5:00! I fell into a dead sleep as soon as I hit the couch so I'll probably be up for hours yet tonight.

A few noticeable pregnancy changes...not much breathing room left in my pants, that's for sure! For once in my life I don't feel like crying over tight pants - our baby is growing and growing. Of course it could be the Doritoes, Oreos, and Krispy Kremes that daddy bought at mommy's request this week. He even went out in the pouring rain - what a guy! Baby Hubby is amazing us with his development - doesn't he look so cute floating around up there? My cute little alien baby with the giant bald head...awwwwww.

Thanks for all your comments and also your input on my last blog - I am still mulling my decision over (re: making this a private blog). I'll keep you posted. I won't make the switch for awhile and it's possible I will wait until it is closer to the baby being born. You all will be invited unless you decided to take a dive off the deep end! :)

Have a great week, everybody!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll try to stay of the diving board :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OOPS! That was suppose to be "I'll try to stay off the diving board"

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Penny, LOL! :)

We must get together sometime - aren't we only 2 hours apart? We could probably find a halfway point!! We'll have to chat as it gets into spring.

Jenna M said...

Cute pictures Angie...I wonder where Elias gets those good looks?
Glad to hear that church went well.
Isn't it nice to feel at home where you live? I am glad this trip helped to make Ohio feel like home. We still miss you though.

Don & Jen Slagle said...

Great update. I'm glad you had fun in Dubuque and are now safely back home with Jason. Have a great week!

the keith fam said...

I thought of you yesterday when I came home from church, threw on a pair of sweats and a hoodie and laid on the couch under my favorite red blanket...because...Lexi said "Mom, do you want me to take off your church socks"! Hmmm, no, that's okay:)

okay, I'm out of order but I'm dying to read the next blog about all the you know who's!!!

the keith fam said...

okay, I just re-read my post and I didn't mean "you know who's" to be a bad word (said in Garrett's voice) but the you know who's meaning that I know who the blog is about and don't want to give either of them a moment in the spotlight by typing their names :)
just thought I'd clarify!!!

Kim Ferguson said...

those boys are the cutest ever!

glad you had a good trip, it was fun chatting with you this morning...we will have to do it again soon. Also we need to figure out when I am going to visit.

Anonymous said...

I love Starbuck's. Actually, it is not the best coffee out there. I love Seattle's Best way more than Starbuck's. TOO bad it is the best game in the midwest.