Gorgeous blue skies!
Up the mountain
Down the mountain
View from the "top" - or the top according to us!
I get the feeling we are being followed
A rewarding lunch at Blue Moose Pizza - their cheesy garlic bread was the best!
Estes Park, CO
The Stanley Hotel and Rocky Mountain National Park
Thursday morning we headed to Estes Park to spend a night at the famed Stanley Hotel. Most of you know that I was a little freaked out at the prospect of staying in a "haunted" hotel. To get myself good and scared, we took a ghost tour, which Jason labeled as "hogwash"...but it was fun! The hotel is very beautiful and yet creepy at the same time!
Hey, you guys, get out of our picture.
You may recognize this from the movie Dumb and Dumber...this is where Jim Carrey pulled up his Lamborghini and started passing out $100 bills! Actually, all of the outdoor hotel scenes were filmed here at the Stanley.
The famous Stephen King room - where he stayed and got his inspiration for "The Shining"...Mrs. Wilson is the ghost that lives here. Apparently she likes to unpack for you and put your things away. If I could just get her to repack my things, I would be fine with a ghost like that!
The staircase on the way up to the scary fourth floor. Apparently those little circles of light on my pictures are "ghostly orbs"...now I am starting to agree with Jason!
The fourth floor hallway where the ghost children play between the hours of 1:00 and 4:00 AM. According to our guide, they get pretty rowdy.















1 comment:
Dad and I once took the ghost tour at the Stanley. That's pretty awesome that you stayed there.
Post a Comment