Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update Day 13

13 days of treatment completed...over 1/3 of the way there! I have a few prayer requests...
  • I have very painful sores on the inside of my mouth and lips that are from the chemo - but they aren't getting any better. They make it impossible for me to eat. Please pray that I will be able to get more calories in me...if things don't improve by Monday, the doctor says we need to consider the feeding tube option.
  • My tongue is starting to feel a bit raw from the radiation, so I have pain from that as well. I did talk to my doctor and he has given me a new pain med prescription; hopefully I will soon be able to eat and also sleep better. Please pray for both!
  • Nancy and Hannah are here to help out this week and have been such a blessing. I love having the distraction of people and also the help around the house. They leave on Friday morning...please pray for safe travels!
  • Pray for Brady...he's really been naughty lately and not himself. I don't know if he is acting out because he knows something is "up" and things aren't normal, or if he's just being an 18 month old. Either way, I don't have much patience or grace to be a good parent lately.
  • Pray for my attitude, as its been easy for me to feel sorry for myself and be whiny...not to mention tears seem to flow quickly and freely these days! Sometimes it seems like the days are dragging and I'll be going to treatment forever. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Pray that I'll look to the Lord when I feel down in the dumps.
  • Pray for my hubby, he's amazing and he has so much patience with me. Pray that his strength keeps up. People have been really encouraging to him at work, and he gets phones calls and texts from good friends. I know he appreciates it.
That's all for now. I thought I wasn't feeling real chatty, but you know me, I always have something to say and I can never keep it short!! :) Thanks again for your prayers.
Love,
Angie

12 comments:

Kathy said...

I would say that naughty is pretty typical for an 18mo old - plus, given what's going on and ppl coming to help it's probably very normal for him to act up a little. Don't worry ... you are an amazing and strong parent!!

I will continue to pray - I can't imagine the pain and frustration over your mouth, tongue and all the sores, not being able to eat or sleep, etc.

As far as crying, I totally sympathize and it's totally justified.

Big hugs and prayers Angie ... hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! Just to let you know Brady behavior could be the recent full moon- I know it has been causing chaos with my kids at school.

Lots of wishes for you to get pain relief and able to eat without the tube.

Don't worry about the crying, your a woman that's the only excuse you need :-)

Don & Jen Slagle said...

So glad to see an update. We think about you all the time. We will certainly step up the prayers. As for Brady, I'm afraid 18 mo olds = Naughty and, yes, he probably is testing the waters with new people around the house too. It will get better; this is not a permanent situation!!! God doesn't give us more than we can handle. We're sending lots of prayers and love!

Amy H said...

Angie, thank you for giving us such specific ways to pray. More prayers are comin' your way! What a blessing to have the Langes there. God sure shows His love thru His people, doesn't he?
Brady reminds me of Matthew whenever my aunt comes to visit. Testing the waters, it seems. I will be praying for Brady.
I read a hymn yesterday that reminded me of you...I am going to get it and send it to you!

The Essons said...

Oh Ange -I'm so sorry that you are feeling so frustrated and that things are going so rough. You are getting to the end!

I'm so glad that you have lots of help and we will be praying for Brady.

One day at a time sweetie -LOVE YOU!

Jenna M said...

Love you and praying for you Angie...

Baby Steps said...

I will be praying!! I have had feeding tubes put in, not fun but you have to do what you have to do! I will pray that you can eat so you dont have to have the tubes!!! Thanks for all of the updates. We all sure hope things get better for you guys!! Have been praying and will keep it up!!!
GE

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog as the ice storm here has kept our communication only to a cell phone. But did now get to where I can check. With all these days off of school because of the ice storm makes me wish I was in Ohio.
Love and lots of prayers,
MOM

Susie said...

Angie,

My heart hurts for the pain you are going through. I know that constant pain in not a pleasurable companion. Praying for you to find a little relief everyday in some way to bolster you and give you strength for that hour and that day.

Anonymous said...

Angie, I am not a DR. and I know the sores in your mouth aren't little canker sores, like my students would get. BUT a teacher friend said the best thing to use was SCOPE every half hour. The next day the students would say, Miss Jordan that scope really works. Thanks again, for the up date.

mary

El Jefe said...

Owen now prays "Help heal Angie. Help Brady obey."

Stacy said...

I wish I were close so I could give you a hug and offer a helping hand. Thank you for opening up to your friends and letting us help carry your load in prayer. We love you, Angie! BTW...I asked today if I was too old to cry and everyone said "no" so you just feel free! God is good and gathers your tears. He hears your heart.