My oncologist (Dr. Simmons) called me this morning. I will be starting radiation therapy in January. He said he re-evaluated my risk factors and the conversation he had with Dr. Khalil (my surgeon) and overall he said what trumps any other factor is a concerned surgeon. So he made the decision that I need to start radiation.
My first step is to have my teeth evaluated - all of my teeth must be healthy before radiation, so some of them may have to be extracted. Yikes. He is referring me to a dentist who works with radiation patients.
I am not sure what the protocol will be for my treatment, but I do know that it will be every day for six weeks straight. We will have quite a bit of logistical details to work out, so we would appreciate prayers for this. Especially I am concerned for Brady; obviously we will need help with him while I am in my treatments.
I am okay with this. I'll admit, it scares me. The side effects won't be pretty. But the end result will be peace of mind that comes with the aggressive treatment. And we know that the healing truly comes from the Lord, and we are so thankful for such a Great Physician.
In the meantime, I'll be eating anything and everything that I can get my hands on, since my taste buds are about to be fried. Bring on the Christmas treats!
10 comments:
Angie, we will continue to pray with all of you through this time. I wish I lived closer so I could help with Brady! Hang in there! love, Kathy
We'll be praying for you guys. I wish we lived closer so we could help with Brady!
Praying for you!
Underneath are the Everlasting arms!
Susie
BFF ~ I'm sorry. I know this will not be easy, but I also know that it will be worth it if it means holding your grandchildren some day. I was terrified of chemo, but was determined to get through it because I wanted to know I did everything humanly possible to wipe out the cancer - I wanted no regrets.
You can count on me to pray for you and for all the challenges that lie ahead. The Lord will continue to show Himself faithful.
Love you!
Oh, and I wish I lived closer so I could help with Brady too!
Ange -We love you and will be praying for all of the details to work out. Can't wait to see you soon!
Of course you are in our constant thoughts and prayers. We pray that radiation will go well and the side effects will be mild. Just think--your surgery was more than 6 weeks ago. 6 weeks will find a way to pass quickly. It will.
Angie,
I will surely be praying for you in January, and now - for peace, leading up to the start of the treatments. What a wonderful blessing to know that the Lord will take care of you and hold you every step of the way.
We will be praying for you!
Oh Ange .... well, at least you KNOW now. Still ... :(
You are so loved and thought of.
I love how you end with the thought and plans for some good eatin' ... yes, that's my girl!! And how perfectly coincided with all the Christmas goodies!!
Have fun in Dubuque right now, getting loved on by everyone there.
Post a Comment