Just a quick prayer request. I met with my doctor (Dr. Khalil) last week and found out that radiation is still a possibility for me. My oncologist (Dr. Simmons) is now "waffling" as to whether I should have radiation or not, and Dr. Khalil is pushing for me to have it. He says that he knows it might be considered "overkill" but with my age and the nature of the cancer, that is what he recommends. The decision is ultimately up to Dr. Simmons, but he confers with Dr. Khalil.
The reason why Dr. Simmons is now "waffling" is because when we originally met, a portion of my pathology report was missing from my patient file. He told me he still wanted to see that part of the report, and would follow up with me in a week or so, but he felt very strongly about me not needing radiation. We took that to the bank! He didn't follow up, so we figured no news was good news. Now I find out that he's been talking with Dr. Khalil and that's why he hasn't followed up with me.
One thing I found comforting is that Dr. Simmons studied at University of Iowa, which Dr. Khalil says is "one of the best head and neck cancer centers in the United States." Well, we all know that anything good comes from Iowa! ha ha! While I am not exactly a Hawkeye fan (at ALL) I wouldn't mind kicking this cancer in the butt, Iowa style! :)
I don't have an appointment with Dr. Simmons until December 1, so I have a while to wait. We aren't exactly on pins and needles here, but we would still appreciate your prayer. I am hoping this is much ado about nothing...and it will be confirmed that I won't need radiation.
Thanks for praying for our family, once again!
3 comments:
We love you Ange and will be praying for you guys!
we will be praying Angie! lots of love, Kathy
I will be praying for you, Jason and the doctors, Angie. thanks for the update.
Post a Comment