Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Update

You haven't heard from us since Tuesday...that's a good thing! That means life at the Hubbies is starting to feel normal again.

The bullets are back...
  • I didn't have to go in to the doctor on Thursday - he said my labs were good from the Monday night hospital visit and I would be fine to wait and see him at my scheduled appointment this coming Tuesday. Praise the Lord!
  • I am still taking it easy, only light activity for me...(notice how I changed that from partial bed rest to light activity? Is there really a difference?)...I generally cash in on the "bed rest" diagnosis only when it is in my best interest...like when there is garbage to take out or laundry to switch over or vacuuming to do. I think Jason has caught on to the trend.
  • We had a nice and easy 4th of July weekend...we saw a movie, went fishing, slept in and took naps, went to the pool, read books, watched tivo'd episodes of Law and Order...someday after Brady arrives I will read this entry and cry at the luxury my former life afforded me!
  • My doctor's appointment on Tuesday involves another non-stress test, so we'd appreciate your prayers that Brady would behave himself and stay on the monitors so we can avoid a bio-physical profile and ultimately another non-stress test at the hospital. Since we've been through that whole drill twice now, we are wary of what to expect on Tuesday!
  • My 30th birthday is on Saturday. 30! 30! 30!!!!!! Someone please remind my husband to get me a cake. After all, a birthday without a cake is just sad, in my opinion. What's really sad is that Jason and I will be the only ones to eat the cake. Well, Brady too. I guess that just means more for me!
  • This is just for fun...Today I tried to paint my toenails. Here is the process: Take a deep breath, lean forward as far as I can, paint one toenail as fast as I can, lean back again, gasp for air. Repeat ten times. Jason was laughing pretty hard until I suggested he paint them for me.
  • That's really it. How boring is this update?

4 comments:

Cass said...

30th birthday on Saturday?!!? That is huge! So sorry that we all can't just show up on your doorstep - for cake!! - but I have no doubt you'll have lots of long distance attention!

Now, Brady-boy, you behave on Tuesday ...!

El Jefe said...

The toenails thing is hilarious.

The Essons said...

So glad for a boring update :0) We will be praying for your dr. appt. tomorrow and I am definitely going to try and call you this week. It's our first week home together without daddy or grandma and papa Fox. So far, so good!

Love ya!

DottieV said...

ANGIE!! Your 30th birthday needs to be celebrated in a more fitting way... is there anything I can do?? And CAKE is absolutely, positively necessary... white cake with white icing is my personal favorite - what's yours? Anyway, I will pray baby Brady behaves tomorrow at the doctor's. And I do wish I could give you a proper pedicure!