Sunday, March 16, 2008

And now for the weekend update...

This weekend started off with a hot date...to the grocery store, Babies R Us, and Sam's Club. We were out of everything, right down to toilet paper. No need to worry, we are now stocked up and papered up.

Saturday found us doing the usual...eating a yummy breakfast (cinnamon rolls!) and then parking ourselves in front of the TV for a few hours with a few loads of laundry to fold. The highlight of my weekend was catching my husband watching cartoons...not once but twice. He claims he was screening the cartoons to determine which ones would be appropriate for our child. Do you buy that? He was also very upset to find out that Tom and Jerry are now able to speak. Apparently that is just not right.

We escaped on Saturday afternoon to go to the dollar theater. It blows my mind that it only costs $2 to go to a movie at this theater. The popcorn was not that cheap.

Saturday night we had another marriage class at our church. Jerry and Karen Denny were visiting and we had an opportunity to talk with them quite a bit. (The Dennys are Wayne's parents and Hilary's in-laws). It was nice to see some familiar faces, even though we had previously only met a few times.

Sunday morning was spent at church, followed by fellowship dinner. I brought a fresh fruit salad which was completely demolished - and I really wanted those leftovers! We both had naps this afternoon and now this evening we are getting ready for another week. An exciting week...as my friend Kim arrives this Thursday and will stay for nine days! Yay, girl time for me! Please pray for Jason :)

Our baby item(s) of the week relate to the baby's health and the parent's sanity. I was told my life would be changed forever by the contents of these three magic boxes. Hopefully we won't have to use them that often!

Here is a photo of us with the Dennys
Please also pray for us this week as Jason has an appointment with a surgeon where we can hopefully get some answers to some health problems he's been having. I won't go into detail here, but if you want to know more, feel free to e-mail me and I'll give you more information. We are thinking it will end up being a minor procedure but we covet your prayers!

We have now entered the mango stage...the baby is approximately 6 inches (that measures from his/her head to his/her little baby butt) and weighs 8.5 ounces. Next Monday we find out if we can call "it" a HE or a SHE officially. We will certainly be breaking that news on our blog!

Have a great week...thanks for catching up on news with the Hubbards!
Angie, Jason, and Baby Mango

P.S. Make sure you scroll down and take a look at the cutest little girls EVER!

5 comments:

Williams' Family said...

Angie,
I love my Monday morning routine! Get Sawyer off to school, sit down with my breakfast, turn on my laptop and see what Angie and Jason did this weekend! I'm starting to wonder if that makes me weird or if I just really need a life of my own!

Can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl! It is so exciting to find out! Is Kim going with you when you find out?

Kim Ferguson said...

I am SOOOOOO excited to be there on Thursday!

And I cannot wait to go with you to your appointment! Wahoo...we get to find out what you are having!

This is going to be a trip of a lifetime!

Love ya and see ya soon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a cute little girl, but I am tempted to argue that my daughter is just as cute as she is. :)

I can't wait to have a relaxing weekend. I don't remember the last one I had.

Have fun with Kim, she sounds excited to be visiting you.

Kari said...

I thought that the picture of the cutest girls ever was going to be you and me. What the heck?!?!?

Ckreifels said...

Glad to hear you survived the snowed in weekend. And it seems you did not do any real damage with your axe. As for those three magic boxes, I agree heartily! My girls were Gas Drops junkies...they get that from their father, you know. Hope all is well. You, Jason and Baby Mango are in my prayers!