Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Update #15

Highlights of our weekend include...
  • A date - dinner at a Chinese restaurant - and it tasted as good as the House of China in Dubuque. This is a direct answer to prayer for me; I've been asking the Lord to bless me with a Chinese restaurant with decent food not in the form of a buffet that won't ever be closed down by the health department. I think we have a winner. Thank you, Lord.
  • Going to bed at 9:30 on Friday night (we are such losers!) only to be wide awake at 6:30 on Saturday morning
  • A trip to Krispy Kreme at 6:45 on Saturday morning (there are some benefits to waking up that early)
  • A pair of maternity jeans on sale (yes, this is a highlight for Jason, too, as he won't have to listen to me complain anymore)
  • A clean house and clean laundry
  • Marriage class at church where we discussed love languages and had some laughs!
  • Jason preached on Sunday morning - he did a great job! (I know, I'm biased)
  • Lunch at the Olive Garden after church with John and Karen, new friends from church
  • Working our way through season 3 of "House" on DVD
  • Time together, which we savor as we recognize that quiet weekends will soon be a memory!
Our "Baby Item of the Week" is modeled below by Daddy. We found a Baby Bjorn carrier on clearance at Target this week - I have always wanted one of those even before I was pregnant. It just looks useful; I could put my purse in it, hang my coat and umbrella off of it, etc all while leaving my hands free to cook dinner and clean bathrooms (just kidding!!). We snapped it up, snapped it together, snapped it to Jason, and snapped some pics. The "baby" is a pillow from our bed!

Might be wise to leave the "baby" out
of the carrier until you figure it out
Awww, he's going to be such a good Dad,
look at how cute he is with the fake baby!

10 comments:

Jenna M said...

We have one and love it. It is especially good for those babies who don't like to be put down (Elias). Sounds like you had a fun weekend.
Miss you guys.

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

i really like that idea of buying one new baby thing each week! definitely seems to help it not feel so daunting of getting so many things at once! you guys are too cute. =)

the keith fam said...

Too cute! Now Jason can take the baby to work with him and you can just go shopping at Target and out for a Starbucks. Great purchase :)

El Jefe said...

Those things are awesome. I want one for the nursery at church so I can help more while holding those kids that are fine if you hold them but cry if you don't.

Once you find out what the child is I'll send over a baby item. And it'll be awesome.

Anonymous said...

He looks great! AND, as your pregnancy progresses (and you get bigger in front), put some weights in the Bjorn and have Jason wear it around so he can really identify with you - the getting up from a sitting position, bending over to pick something up, etc. He'll appreciate you even more!
(hmm. I can see I don't know how to choose an identity, so I will have to add my name here...Alice H)

Jared and Annie said...

Ange, I think you have the cutest pillow baby ever! :) I want to see a baby bump photo!!
love ya-- Annie

Anonymous said...

Let me know which Chinese restaurant you found. I have been to many of them, and will be interested to know which one you chose. I might be able to direct you to some more. I love Chinese food.

mary
mej148@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Angie, Make sure Jason goes around the house without a shirt on while he carries the baby in the baby carrier thing. That is supposed to help him bond with the baby better.

I never tried it, but I have some friends that say it works. IT sounded very odd to me, but some guy from Europe came up with the methode, so it must be the way to go. ;)

Ckreifels said...

I have a snugli and Annelise spent most of her first 5 months in it! It made it much easier to chase Celia around! :) I love finding out what you bought each week. Good purchases so far!! When is the Boppy coming? :)

The Essons said...

Great pictures of Jason! He is going to be a good daddy!!! I'm jealous that you got your Baby Bjorn at such a good price. I have been looking and they can be one expensive item! I'll have to keep my eye out :0)

Love ya!