Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Update #13

Greetings from the Arctic. We are freezing - our heater has barely stopped running this weekend, especially today! Spring seems so far away! I'm sure most of you are experiencing the same thing. Praise God for our warm homes, space heaters, and flannel sheets!

Friday night we stayed in and watched DVD's. I did a whole bunch of laundry which lead Jason to wonder what was wrong with me. He even said, "Why are you doing laundry?" Normally, laundry is his thing. So when I do a few loads he usually thinks I'm sick.

After sleeping in on Saturday, we went to the Hartville Market. This is a year round flea market and produce market owned by an Amish family. It was fun; we wandered around the shops and enjoyed the atmosphere. (Except I didn't enjoy the atmosphere by the fresh meat counter. Yuck.) It was a 50s theme day and people were dressed in their poodle skirts and other attire. They even had entertainment lined up; a trio of ladies who were clearly in their glory singing oldies songs. Jason and I enjoyed making fun of them. (We are SO mean; that's why we are perfect for each other). I heard a teenage girl say "I didn't know they had karaoke here." HA! We had lunch at the market and then headed home with our cherries for $1 per pound and bananas for 30 cents per pound. Not bad! I think I'd like to go back when the summer produce is ready.

On the way home, Jason checked his voice mail on his cell phone. At the end of the message, he said "Okay. Thanks, bye!" and shut his phone. As soon as he hung up he was shaking his head and laughing. I said, "Did you just talk back to your voice mail? He sheepishly replied, "Yes..." HAHAHAHA!! I am still laughing about that. Do you think I will ever let him forget it? Not for a long time!

The rest of the afternoon we spent running errands and then we stayed in for the night. We started watching "24" on DVD and were generally lazy. Jason has been sick almost all week so he's been pretty tired. I think he's finally on the mend. I did empty out a dresser so that it is officially ready for baby stuff. Except we don't have any baby stuff.

We have finally decided on a church. We will be attending Believers Bible Fellowship in Hartville. It is a small assembly with a great group of people. We have felt very welcome and at home with these people. There are some younger couples that are already providing friendship. We are thankful that we can move on after making this important decision. Now it's time to pitch in and serve!

Please continue to pray for our house to sell...we had a buyer through for a second time on Saturday and we are still praying that this person is OUR buyer. We haven't heard anything yet, but we have not lost hope!

This coming week is pretty open. We haven't completely decided if we are going to do anything special for Valentine's day - this day isn't a big deal to me. I know Jason loves me and he doesn't have to go over the top to prove it on one day of the year! Maybe dinner out on Friday; we'll see. I did put together little gifts for my nieces that I'll send off in the mail tomorrow. I'm sure Nathan and Shannon will enjoy peeling the girls off the walls after they open this sugar filled box o' fun! It's not all candy; I did include some temporary tattoos. Those are always healthy for young and impressionable girls.

Well, I know we've enjoyed the debate about lemons vs. peaches, and the jury is still out. I supposedly have a lemon in my tummy this week. I will say that my stomach appears to have expanded greatly between yesterday and today. I think I have a lemon AND a peach...and my pants agree.

Enjoy your Valentine's week!
Angie, Jason, and Baby Lemon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now your goal is to use the letters in lemon to come up with a name :-) I still can't believe the lemon is bigger than the peach, even though I have now see with my own eyes.

Yes, the artic weather is here, but the good thing is that there is a possiblity that we will have a snow day, with the winds being so high and we have so many walkers.

Anonymous said...

You will love the Hartville Market Place in the summer. Strawberries for $1.00 a basket, plus many, many more inexpensive things. The outside is open in the summer and they have EVERYTHING.

mary jordan

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Penny - all I can come up with is MELON. I don't think Jason's going to go for that name :)

El Jefe said...

Lon Me
Ne Mol
Lonem
Monel
Nelom

(your kid's gonna get beat up alot with any of these. Frankly, I might push him around a bit)

MPH said...

A lemon and a peach. Twins?! Wouldn't that be fun!