I decided to succumb to social pressure and post our weekly blog. Don't think this is going to be a regular thing; my creative genius and wit needs to be kept hidden so that others don't suffer from envy.
(My wife edited this and she may have written that last sarcastic comment). This weekend was a special time for us. We had the opportunity to drive down to Cincinnati to listen to Dave Glock speak at a conference on "O How I love Jesus" at Northern Hills Bible Chapel. Most of you know that we are very close to the Glock family; Dave was the one who married us and the family has been a great influence in our lives. We were blessed to stay with a wonderful couple named Phil and Heather. They were very hospitable and we enjoyed spending time with them. They had a very comfortable bed that I considered strapping to the top of the car but Angie thought they might notice the missing bed and then we wouldn't be invited back.
The conference got started on Friday night. Dave spoke about the fact that we are all born selfish and that before coming to Christ the only people we truly loved were ourselves.
He picked up the next morning by sharing about prevenient grace and how when we first get saved we love God for what He has done for us. He then went on to share that as growing Christians, that should change. Instead of loving God for what He has done for us we should be studying the Scriptures to learn who God is so that we can love Him for who he is. Dave concluded his series by sharing that we can demonstrate our love for God in the lifestyles that we live. Through God’s sanctifying grace we should be coming more and more conformed to the image of Christ.
All in all it was a wonderful time. It was great for us to get to gather together with such a caring group of believers and to be challenged from God’s Word. It was also great to finally be at another breaking of bread service!
Due to time constraints (both the conference and the Saturday afternoon nap in that awesome bed) we were not really able to explore Cincinnati that much. However there were two local things we did get to enjoy. One of them was Graeters ice cream. It was absolutely the best ice cream - we really loved it. The second thing was a restaurant called The Grand Finale. The food there was great and the portions were huge. We split a piece of cheesecake that may have been the biggest piece I have ever seen. At any rate we both decided we would definitely like to go back for another visit. After such a busy weekend away it was good to get back to our home. We didn't take any pictures - but the only thing that really was picture-worthy was that huge piece of cheesecake!
For those reading this please keep our sister-in-law Shannon in prayer as God will be blessing their family with its newest edition at 8:00 AM Monday morning. I'm sure Angie will post pictures as soon as her mom sends them. As for us, Baby Hubbard is now officially the size of a plum. I found
this site that compares the size of the baby to fruit. I thought my brother-in-law, Jeff, would particularly enjoy it.

Adios.
9 comments:
Nice job Jason...the plum comparison is very interesting...
I bet it was fun to visit with the Glocks a bit.
We miss you guys.
Great job, Jason! I appreciate the plum analogy as well. It gives me an idea of what to look for. Thank your wife for the Old Navy jean suggestion. I am awaiting the arrival of two pairs myself. Why would something the size of a plum be causing such constriction in the waistline?
Have a great week and I can't wait to see the pictures of your newest niece. My prayers are with Nathan and Shannon this morning.
Oh man. GRAETERS"? You must have been with Evan and Juanita! I'm so jealous!
When Shayna got married, Juanita brought me a double butter coffee cake. I didn't have a knife in the room, so I cut it with a rat tail comb! Talk about desperate!
The Davises know all the good places to eat in Cinci.
Alice - so funny you say that! We were at Evan and Juanita's house when we had Graeters for dessert and they were the ones who recommended The
Grand Finale! You sure know your friends! :)
Let me guess...Did Evan have raspberry i.c. with chocolate chips? Yum! I am now salivating (TMI?).
Alic - yes! LOL! Jason had the same thing and I took a bite of his and wish I had taken Evan's advice and had the raspberry as well. heehee!
thanks for sharing Jason!
I love the comparison to fruit!
So... my future nephew (hopehopehope) is the size of a plum? Crazy.
Great Job Jason!!
You will have a little grapefruit before you know it.
I love Cinci! I graduated from an HS in a little town about 45 min away from there. My Grandpa lived in Reading (suburb) so we would get to spend a lot of time in Cinci.
Post a Comment