Sunday, November 18, 2007

Weekend Update #2

  • Friday night we went to Jim and Ashley's house and played Settlers of Catan. I won both games, that never happens.
  • After we got home, I planned out our meals (with commentary and advice provided by my husband) and organized my grocery list and got the coupons ready. Hey, this is what hip and happenin' young couples without kids do on a Friday night.
  • Saturday morning we went to the grocery store, Target, and the library and made it home in time for the Ohio State kickoff at noon. I must say, the Buckeye obsession is everywhere in this town. You would think that you were at the game, judging by the clothing choices of the grocery store patrons - a blur of red and white. We even had to discuss the upcoming game with the meat clerk at the butcher counter. Yes, go Bucks! Now can I have my meat, please?
  • We both managed to squeeze a nap in on Saturday afternoon. When I woke from my slumber, my husband had done two loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Score.
  • Saturday night we played Scrabble, complete with hot cocoa and Fernando Ortega serenading us in the background. I beat Jason at Scrabble by one point - yeah!
  • Sunday morning we went back to The Chapel, the Green campus (Green refers to the location of the campus, not the color!). Pastor Knute Larsen spoke on Deuteronomy 1 - 6. Pastor Larsen bears a strong resemblance to Charles Stanley - his voice also sounds like Charles Stanley, only without the slight southern drawl. He was easy to follow and a great speaker. He made several jokes about Ohio State - that's another thing, we've been here three Sundays and each time the pastor opened up with a joke about Ohio State. Ah, gone are the days of Cyclones vs. Hawkeyes - here, there is only one team to root for!
  • Sunday afternoon involved a trip to the Geek Squad at Best Buy (Jason's computer is on the fritz), football, etc...and now we are preparing to start the week all over!
Boring, I know! I'm going to have to find a way to jazz up these weekend updates or y'all are going to quit reading.

Here's a juicy confession. At church on Sunday, I set my program down on the bench right beside me. The woman sitting one seat away reached across and took it! I know she didn't mean anything by it; she probably thought it was hers, but I really wanted that program so I could follow along with the sermon notes. When she wasn't looking, I spied her program in her purse and snatched it right out. What happens to people who steal from others during church?

Me with really bad hair hiding behind my cocoa
Jason determined to find a way to beat me

8 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Essons said...

I LOVE your weekend updates -they are way more exciting than mine; which would read...Weekend Update: Matt studied for his class. The End :0)

Love you -will call this week sometime!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are in Buckeye territory now. You should just conform and buy some Ohio State wear, it saves time.

I am a former OSU girl myself. I loved the campus, and lived next to the football stadium, but not the biggest fan. But I still check the scores. I don't actually watch the game just the scores. Counts doesn't it?

GO BUCKS!

Oh! don't forget Lebron and the Calves :-)

Ckreifels said...

Hey, you and I did the same thing on Friday...except I also wiped runny noses! :} See, if you add kids to the mix, it only gets more exciting! By the way, if I could exist microwave popcorn and and diet coke, I would. Long live caffeine in the form of carbonated beverages!

the keith fam said...

Do you realize that on your game board, wife and zit are connected by a twig :)?
Sounds like a great weekend to me!!!

Cass said...

Yes, I hear you. This IS what hip and happening couples with no children do on their weekends!

Love the updates, Ange! You've got to keep that as a regular blog feature, I think.

El Jefe said...

Dude... from her purse? That's hardcore! I like that rather than pointing out to her lightly that she had snagged your program you decided to raid her purse. That's awesome.

And I know what the OSU thing is like. It's the same working a Saturday in Omaha and everyone wants to talk about the Huskers. Go State!

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I posted something special for you on my blog. I'm sure enjoy it!